Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 08:48 PM   #24
Golfbum18

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
State: Florida
THOR #9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC62 View Post
There's prolly a thread on this somewhere I just haven't found it so I'll start a new. Other than the doing the CHF on the F53 chassis what suspension up grades have most of you done? Steering stabilizer? Sumo springs? Upgraded sway bar? I haven't even had this coach on the road other than the 35 miles driven home from the dealer and everybody is telling me do this or do that. I am thinking the steering stabilizer should be first as it is will assist if you get a blow out. Thoughts please.
Tx Mark
Luckily, the only other owner of my 2016 29M Hurricane did some things....very good things. Put Bilsteins all around....all four corners, added a Roadmaster on the front to recenter the steering and put added sway bars front and back. Keep the tires at 82 psi and it's as good as it will get and it's very good. Had a C Class that I had no idea where it was headed....Freedom Elite...had an ACE 27.2 which was better when I went to 75 fronts and 80 on the rears and that was much better but the Hurricane is very good....stable, not much when trucks pass and I can hit 70 mph and not know it....although I like to do about 63-65. IT's sa bunch of money...probably with installation approaching 2 grand but so glad this other guy did it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum