Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 03:03 PM   #4132
gregsalis

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Ontario
THOR #2111
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannnda View Post
On my wild ride from Galveston through Houston and back to Magnolia a rock hit the windshield. I know these pics are not the best. My question is, can this be fixed or is this a replace? Attachment 16342Attachment 16343If it is a replace can I wait to have it done?

DW works for a company in Canada that replaces and or fix’s auto glass.
The rule is if the damage is larger than a $2 coin or a twonie (Canadian coins) 1.5 inch diameter then it’s a replacement also must be minimum 2inchs away from any edge if any of these apply the it’s a replacement.

Now if there are any spider cracks then it’s 50/50 on replacement or fix again the 1.5inch rule applies.

Now saying all that when a repair is done the damage may spread...... replacement must be done.

Don’t do this your self there are kits to do a repair yourself ,Don’t do it!

The method they use forces resin into the area and brings back 99% of the strength but not with the do it yourself methods.
Some of the repairs are covered 100% by your insurance but not all. Replacement is usually a deductible charge but that all depends on your insurance coverage and company.

Looking at your pictures this is unfortunately a replacement.

But please get a reputable company to look at it and do the work.
You don’t want leaks or your windshield popping out as this will weaken the integral strength of your vehicle.

Not trying to get a sale here but you should hear the horror stories. Ahhhhh[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.