Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 03:11 PM   #15
Soldier Girl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #13770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
I suggest you ask anyone at Khe Sanh, Jan 1968, when 60 BUFs did a "square dance" around the camp's perimeter for 11 days or read the Falcon codes from that time frame. In 1972/3 when college students lined up at airports to spit on the returning troupes, the powers that were in charge start a decency campaign to call the B-52G & H buffs (big ugly friendly fellows) to appease the politically correct. Fat Albert was the only USAF nickname that had fat in it it prior to 1973.
Yeah, but every branch of service, every unit, company, platoon & even individual squads often have their own take on language,& always have. The best seem to stick around thru out the generations mostly untouched like fubar always seems to hang tight since wwII era troops. But some concepts, like our 'boomer generation's "suck it up & deal with it", came from my bros (both biological bros & mil bros) in Nam & changed to "embrace the suck" w/the youngsters coming in jus as I was heading out. But that didn't mean it completely disappeared. My personal favorite is always, "fido", F it & drive on....language is fluid & it's meant to reflect us all & all our experiences, don't sweat the individual nuances in time or place - jus chill bc we're all family & we understand each other better than any civvie ever can - it's all good & we don't want to lose that connection. Take care & drive on

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.