Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 06:56 PM   #27
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
My first motorhome experience in rented Class C involved a tire separation in Colorado, on way back from Yellowstone. The MH had a spare tire and wheel, but no tools or jack to change it. That was the last time I left home without ability to change tire myself.

Years later I rented again from same company (after owning my own), and again tire and wheel, but no tools or jack, so I packed my own just in case.

I think much depends on tire/wheel and also motorhome size and weight. My present spare is a little larger and heavier than E-Series Class Cs, but still light enough to change easily. Up to 16-inch tires I’m still comfortable replacing it myself even though I have roadside coverage. The one time I had a blowout I was back on road in about half an hour instead of waiting a couple of hours for someone to show up. Easier tire changes is just one of many reasons I prefer smaller motorhomes; particularly those with single rear wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
.....cut......

We kept the motor home for several years and never needed the spare, but knowing that we had the spare and tools to change it was very comforting, particularly when we were out in the boonies.
Feeling comfortable or more secure is reason enough for me.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum