Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 09:28 PM   #5
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Ethanol gas yes or no?

You can sometimes find non-ethanol gas (called pure gas). Google it to find a list of stations. But I wouldn’t bother for your MH. In addition to being hard to find it’s expensive and usually a higher octane than you need. If your MH has been used in recent history it almost certainly has been running on the normal crappy blend and if it seems to be running ok I wouldn’t worry about it. It won’t hurt the engine but there is a slight risk that a few rubber parts in the fuel system will need to be updated. Might not be a bad idea anyway after 18 years. I used pure gas when I had a home built airplane and I still use it in my yard equipment, my mopeds and my 40 year old motorcycle but it’s probably not necessary. I just happen to have a station nearby.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.