Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 12:54 AM   #37
Squerly

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
I've been trying to get a bid on new decals for almost a month but the decal companies in my little town don't seem to have much interest in the job. So I decided to go ahead and paint them myself.

I started to remove the original decals, but it didn't take long to realize that idea sucked. So I decided to paint over them and hope for the best.

I took a razor blade scraper (the kind you use to scrape paint off of a window) and got rid of all the shaggy edges of the decals. Then I scuffed them up with some (fairly well used) 400 wet/dry sandpaper. Next I masked around the old decal and then started painting them.

The picture below is after I masked around the decals and painted them. Some of the masking tape has been removed and some has not, so yes, it looks kind of weird. But for the most part, it's looking pretty darn good! Well, I think so anyway.

Tomorrow I hope to finish this side, remove the remainder of the tape, and move on to the other side. Well, that's the plan, but it's threatening to rain so I may have to wait until that passes.

2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock edition
Squerly is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum