Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 06:10 PM   #102
KJNN

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite
State: Florida
THOR #13351
Why are house batteries runnding down after 1 night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Ok, great.

I also look at the cost/rewards part of the install. The Aims 1200 watt inverter with extra remote is around $200. Some of the larger inverters can run big money and if you really dont need it why send the money.

Not sure what the draw is on your coffee maker - 1200 watts might be enough?

Plus they say its more efficient to run an inverter at like half or 3/4 of its power rating? Or something like that. (So like use 800 watts out of my 1200 watt inverter is better than using only 200 on 1200). If you figure up your usage on average and go to the next size up inverter?

Where do you want to install your inverter?.... Take the dimentions and add about 5 or 6 inches all the way around and on top of it to see if it will fit. You might find out you dont have room for the 1800 watt.

I would upgrade your batteries ASAP as well. The more the better.

We have a 2019 24FE purchased in Oct 2018. We bought a 2nd Type 27 Interstate battery in January. We had CW install a AIMS 1200 pure sine inverter in January. We've used the inverter a couple of times now when boondocking. 2 nights ago I had everything UNPlugged from the inverter powered outlets and watched tv for 4-5 hours. The batteries were reporting 11.7v in the morning. When we hooked up to SP late yesterday, it took the converter 5 hours with the fan running to get the batteries back up close to 13.7 on the panel.

I'm wondering why I can't get more out of these batteries than just a few hours of watching tv. Shouldn't be so, right????? Is this a battery problem? An inverter problem?? seems strange to me....
thanks for any ideas

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum