Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 06:26 PM   #1
Trkyte@msn.com

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37LS outlaw
State: New Jersey
THOR #5248
Learn something new

So, it’s early in the AM. I’m sitting outside having my cup of coffee. Across from my site I see a new Winnebago Vista had pulled in late last night.
Here comes the park maintenance with a jump pac. Step cover comes off and they are hooking tide jump pack up.
Ten minutes later neighbors start gathering around. So as a helpful camper I go there too.

Trouble was that the engine won’t start, dead.
I went back and got my voltmeter and returned. Checked both coach and chassis batteries (Also In the step) . Coach 13.4, chassis 12.6.
One neighbor said must be a bad starter. I asked if I could hit the key, sure. Turned key on and nothing, no lights no sound nothing.

Went back to the batteries scratch my head then starting reading the switch labels at the entrance. In the same switch bank that houses the exterior light + others there are two switches one labeled coach battery and one labeled chassis battery.
Easily confused at eleven o’clock at night in the dark.
The moral is Winnebago has a use/store switch for both chassis AND coach batteries!

PS. I had to explain not only what they did and when to use them. I also showed him the emergency start switch that he didn’t even know he had. So Winnie’s walk through is not much better then Thor’s.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum