Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 01:55 AM   #2
EVMIII

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.4
State: Mississippi
THOR #10956
My wife and I own a 2018 ACE 29.4; bought to replace a 37' Alpine fifth wheel. After several long and very enjoyable long trips in the 5ver we decided it was bigger than we needed. We were very cramped in several National Parks and we started shopping as soon as we got back. I looked at more floor plans on more dealer lots and on the internet than I can recall and we settled on the ACE 29.4.

We really like the motor home. The layout works great for us. Like any motohome it was not without issue, but all were taken care of through warranty or were easy enough for me to fix myself. Camping World is a bad word around here but my experience has been positive overall. The biggest issues were the refrigerator (would run on electric or gas, but wouldnt switch to gas when on auto); door alignment (would get stuck closed), USB charging and dash power outlets didn't work - all fixed under warranty. A couple other small cosmetic issues were also resolved by the local CW.

It drives like most other gas motorhomes on Ford chassis, I don't find it bad at all. There are several things you can do to stiffen up the handling, but I haven't felt the need to do any of them thus far. My 29.4 is only 30' feet long, not hard to drive or back up. We drag a 4dr Jeep around, it definetely doesn't pull like my buddies diesel pusher but it gets us where we are going. You are not going to win many 0-60 races, but that's not what you get a motor home for. I don't think it has had anymore problems than any other comparable RVs. I say pick a floor plan and a dealer you like, be prepared for the things that aren't perfect and have fun. Also, be sure you do a thorough PDI, we identified several of our issues and got them resolved. If you have any specific questions just shoot me a message. Welcome, in advave, to the ACE family.
(swapped out of 37' 5th wheel and Chevy 3500 DRW Duramax in Apr 18)
EVMIII is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum