Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 09:26 PM   #69
jannnda

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I have pulled boats and snowmobile trailers for 30 years and am very comfortable in all conditions..... wind, heavy truck traffic, snow, etc. I can back into any spot without an issue.

When I bought my first Class C last year I expected there to be a difference even though it was shorter than some of the trailers I have towed. Maybe things have gotten worse over the years but I never expected it to be a white knuckle driving experience every time I was behind the wheel.

Wind or heavy trucks pushing me out of my lane.... front end wandering..... feeling top heavy.... etc.

When I changed sway bars, replaced the stock damper and added SumoSprings, it was a SIGNIFICANT difference is handling and ride comfort.

It’s a joy to drive now and was well worth the money. Wish I didn’t have to spend it but it was worth it.

I had the same white knuckle experience. Did the upgrades in my class A. My wife and I drove home Sunday in 25-35 MPH winds. We would have never done that before the upgrades.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum