Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 10:40 AM   #11
10scDust

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
Quote:
Originally Posted by srambus View Post
We're having the same issue. 6wks on the road, no issues. Last night in an unlevel spot (front to back), the auto levelers took the front end up ridiculously high. Vrry scary. I don't get why the auto levelers went up in the back. Seems like just raising the front would take care of the leveling. Is this something that isn't supposed to be done? If I try and manually level the Jacks am I allowed to just put the front two down? I also need to know if I am manually putting the jacks down can stop whenever I want or is it push a button and they do their own thing? Hope this doesn't sound like a total beginner question.
I use/like the manual mode better myself.
As far as tires off the ground:
The concern would be more if the rear tires are off the ground, they are the ones that keep the rig from rolling (parking brake).

In manual mode, if you let go of the button, the jacks cease their deployment.
And if you continue holding the button, they continue to deploy, until fully extended if you go far enough (they are only so long).

In my opinion, I would want all 4 landed to help in stabilization, it does not mean they have to be.
I would think this would allow frame twisting if only 2 were used, it's your rig though!

Realize that they deploy in pairs, left side pair, right side pair, front pair, and rear pair (and maybe not so during auto level, not sure, but think so).
So each jack has dual duty, dependent on how they are chosen by a single button push, at least with my experience on ours.
I believe this is to avoid a twist on the coach's frame, which could lead to other problems, like ease of slide out operation amongst possible others, since the frame is lifted off of the spring suspension of the wheels.

The part I haven't figured yet, is retracting them in a manual mode.
If I do not like my end result from a manual leveling, it's auto-retract and start over, just in a different combination order when I try again.

I take the high side or end jacks down till they touch first in manual mode, then continue, and I also try to park the rear as the high end, or I have a wooden piece of 2 x 12 I drive onto, to help, before beginning.

Since 2 operate at a time, any one jack not deployed, when chosen with one that already has, you need to give time for both to land (or the one & you may feel the other relax a second while things are moving along), since the juice is traveling through opened valves to each of them at the same time (essentially a pressure balance equalization).
*Each jack has its own control solenoid valve to allow fluid flow to it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.