Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Need help Vegas
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 12:19 PM   #18
10scDust

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor-Machine View Post
...the coach is powered from AC-DC converter when using shore power. The converter should also be charging the batteries at that time.
In other words, your coach should be fully powered when connected to shore power regardless of what position the switch is in..
I tend to believe that the "use" switch needs to be turned on, for the coach batteries to get charged when plugged into shore power, or with generator power present.

The way I see it:
Of everything that needs ran by 12vdc, fridge controls, coach lights, etc.
The 12vdc panel gets power from the coach batteries when use switch is on, not plugged into shore power or with generator.

If the "use" switch is off, then no 12vdc for the various systems, nor to the 12vdc panel, when not plugged in and no generator.

Once shore power (or generator for that matter) 110vac is introduced (with "use" switch off & in "store"), the converter automatically converts 110vac to 12vdc to power the 12vdc systems and fuse panel, provided all circuit breakers engaged with no fuses blown.

So, in order for the converter to charge the coach batteries, the coach batteries must be connected to the 12vdc panel via the "in use" switch turned on & out of "store" switch position.

That is why a good operating battery isolation manager, like Precision Circuit's BIM 225 or equivalent, is essential to be working properly.
It monitors battery charge of both 12vdc battery systems, (coach and chassis), if one side is in need and a charge current sensed on the other system, it allows the charging to cross over to the needed side, until requirement charge is met without overcharging either way.

When working properly, it will allow no cross feed when things are, either at satisfactory charge, or when things are idle and not in use, i.e. no engine running, no shore power, and no generator present.

With all that said, and I am not trying to beat anybody up, because they are spot on, the no camera & radio, while driving, sounds to me in the use/store switch, or its solenoid.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum