Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 07:19 PM   #1
Civrel

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #15030
2018 Four Winds 24SF on Sprinter 3500 Chassis

Just took possession of our new (used) coach. Selling dealership went over a lot of things, but didn't touch on a couple and was hoping to get some information from current owners.

First, the chassis batter under the floorboard in front of the drivers seat. The battery is the original Mercedes/Varta. It appears to be maintenance free, but no color visible in the "eye". It cranks strong, but has anyone replaced theirs and with what brand/size. Since there is no ventilation, is this an AGM battery?

Second coach batteries under the step. There are two what appear to be grout 29 of 31 batteries with fill caps, no brand name or other information visible. The plates as viewed from the fill holes appear to be horizontal, versus the standard vertical. Anyone have any information on the original coach batteries?

Third, every RV we have ever owned has had an antenna amplifier. I ash the salesman and he said it was in the cabinet above the refrigerator with the DVD player. It was not. Is there an amplifier? If so, where is it?

Fourth, the coach came with E-range tires (80 PSI). The door label did not list the range, but indicates that the tires should be inflated to 61 psi. I could understand for D-range tires, but why the odd inflation level? One the ride home we had a lot of side to side sway. I checked the tires when we got home and found about 50 PSI in the four rear tires and 60 Psi in front. I upped the pressure to 80 in the front and 70 in the rears to reduce the sway.
Should I reduce back to 61?

Fifth, first diesel. Saw the DEF filler and ask the salesman when I should fill it up. Answer, each oil change (10K miles) (6100 current miles). Ask the service tech, he said 5K miles. Which is it? Since I don't know how much in in the reservoir, should I just top it off?

Six, there was a water filter wrench on the basement storage under the bed. Is there a water filter I should be aware of somewhere in the coach?

Thanks!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.