Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 12:33 AM   #9
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
it's doubtful any coach with an 'rv fridge' will need, or have, an inverter...at least not with the fridge on the same circuit - an rv fridge is designed to run off propane, already, when there is no 120v power to it.
generally, smaller coaches with ancillary inverters are for simply powering a few outlets, such as for a TV and a few outlets to power device chargers, or a cpap machine, etc.
On longer trips, a small fridge on an inverter is not a bad idea so as not to burn propane while driving. Not only does it a allow the propane to be shut off (which can be safer when driving) but there would not no drain on the house batteries with the alternator charing.

My schematics for the 2018 Outlaw 29H clearly show the fridge on the same circuit the inverter is supplying but it appears it has not been wired that way.

I know there have been few people on here installing a small inverter to power small fridge's on Class C's and I think it does make sense when driving longer distances.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.