Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 02:04 PM   #6
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
Update.

Ford Motor Home tech support has referred me to a local Ford dealer.

The dealer has had an Axis/Vegas in before with the same problem. The problem was determined to have been caused by Thor in the process of stretching the chassis.

Bruce
Bruce, that's strange considering the chassis is stretched behind the area where the engine, transmission, and driver controls are mounted. I'd be interested in knowing what Thor revised in that area. I can see Thor moving things out of the way to clear the body, but have a harder time visualizing why shifting controls would be affected by stretching the chassis further back. Any information you learn would be appreciated.

As I mentioned in another thread, I would feel more comfortable with idea of buying an Axis if the wheelbase came the right length from Ford so these kinds of problems and potential finger pointing between Thor and Ford are reduced.

Considering so many E-Series-based motorhomes are built with wheelbase longer than Ford offers, I think it's time Ford step up and produce at least two more longer frames for both the Cutaway and Stripped chassis. The idea of cutting a brand new chassis in two and stretching it is almost absurd when so many of them go through the process.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.