Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 02:05 PM   #8
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
That is a crying shame......

These manufacturers need to step up to the plate and make the standard warranty 2 years. It can easily take that long to shake out and address all of the issues that are part of well-documented poor manufacturing practices coupled with little to no quality control.

At the very least, they should stand behind these coaches for 2 years for water penetration issues. Water can do more long term damage than anything else.

Judge, I don’t know if it’s the same for all manufacturers but Thor only warranted my Freedom Elite for 3 months on water penetration. On the one hand it sounds like they have little confidence in their product but I think the reality is that sealing is an ongoing maintenance item with a frequency need of 3 - 6 months. RVs are made of lightweight materials and they flex and move a lot in use. I rarely go even 6 months without having to address sealing issues.

I’m sure I’m in a negligibly small minority on this but I’m just as glad my warranty is expired. Warranty service is slow and poor in many cases but you feel compelled to use it. It might cost a bit more but going to a good independent shop that values your business will get your repairs done right and put you back on he road I days instead of weeks.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum