Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 07:40 AM   #15
Bratmanstudio

State: California
THOR #8228
Quote:
Originally Posted by analoguy View Post
Bratmanstudio,
Looks like you are towing a Jeep, as we are also. Well, we did our first summer in Alaska, 2017, then last summer in Eastern Canada, Nova Scotia, etc, and I am thinking this summer will be in the Rockie Mountains.

The Miramar is OK, but handling has been the weak point. I have put on HD shocks on the front (Bilstein), and I just put on the front steering stabilizer (Safe T Plus). I feel the Ford chassis should have been good from day 1, but instead I have had to play around with it. It seems most others on this Forum have done the same .

Regards and safe travels, Jim
When we test drove the miramar it was like driving a big old Ols 88 Olsmobile... more boat than land vehicle. Then me and the wife and her brother crawled under the coach did the CHF on front, drove it around, it had much better control, and the next day or two, me and the wife went back and did the rear swaybar CHF. Bigger difference! Then at the Quartzsite show a few months later, I ran across this guy... https://g.co/kgs/1q6VXX and for 4bills including installation at the RV park they adjusted my steering and installed the Steer Safe. That and the 5 star tune has made a huge difference in how it drives. It stays straight in the lane and it doesn't bother us when big trucks pass us by... or visa a versa.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.