Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 12:04 PM   #27
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyvr View Post
I saved for a few months and was going to do the rickson wheels and tires last year. Just as I was ready to pull the trigger I read about the nexen tires. I ended up going with the Nexen Roadian CT8 HL LT225/75R-16 from simple tire. I found a 10% coupon online and got 7 of them for $831, shipping was free. I had just under $200 in mounting and balance and I still have the original 8k mile michelins to sell. So for $1000 I got a higher load rating tire. I have put about 2000 miles or so on them so far and they are working fine.

I took the other couple thousand bucks I had saved and put it into more mods for my Jeep Wrangler...

This thread has more info on them.
[url]http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27/17-5-wheels-tires-class-c-9383-5.html#post125954[/url

mac 'hammer down' gyvr

Thanks for the information and update on the Nexen's!

I am still on the waiting list for the Rickson setup and waiting for a firm date and invoice.

I know I am looking at $4500 - $5000 all in for the Rickson Wheels, Tires, Simulators, Shipping and a Spare Wheel but I am still considering just going with a E / 120 Load Range Tire because of the price difference.

The Pro's of the Rickson Setup are:

1) Better and More Tire Choices
2) Higher Load Ratings on Wheels and Tires (3500 - 3700lbs)
3) Plug-and-Play.... just pull the old ones off an install the new ones
4) Commercial / Truck rated tires are designed to be under heavy load all the time

The Con's of the Rickson Setup are:

1) Cost
2) Custom Wheel

My biggest concern with the 225/75R16 tires out there that are the higher Load Range E /120 is some of them are off brand and the Continentals have not gotten good reviews or no reviews on the Vancontact. I also worry about availability in the future since there are so few choices.

Keep us posted on how the Nexen's do for you. I'm going to make my final decision when I have to pay for the Rickson's.

If I go with the just the tires, I would probably go with the General's because the Michelin is a directional tires so that becomes an issue if you want to move them around.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum