Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 04:16 PM   #29
axis earl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamiltonSeth View Post
What tire can I fit?!

I just purchased a 2019 Thor Quantum RS26 (Class C). We have only put a few hundred miles on the RV, but already have needs for improvements. We drag the rear coming up our driveway so I did helper bags and skid wheels, still drags a bit. I have the white-knuckle handling which really is terrible, this must be fixed asap.

I am considering one of two options: Option 1- upgraded sway bars and steering dampener, perhaps add a leaf spring, and then some good all terrain tires like BF K02 or similar with a larger contact surface and taller profile. It would be nice to have more ground clearance as well as dirt traction for a remote site we visit often. I would hope these improvements would get rid of the wandering and swaying, as well as give us a bit more traction and clearance. In this case what I the largest tire people have been running without rubbing? This is a $1k-$3k fix plus tires.

Option 2 - Drive down to weldtec (only 2 hours away) and drop big money on a 4-6" lift and tires to match. This likely solves all problems other than an empty wallet. This is a $7k fix plus tires, if I understand it correctly.

Any feedback from people with rear world experience on tire sizing on a stock height as well as bolt on suspension mods vs. fully modified? My main concern is just getting a comfortable ride without overspending if not necessary, ground clearance is an easier topic to sort through and only an issue very rarely. Handling is always an issue and needs correction asap.

Thanks for the help!
Seth
I would highly suggest that you make an appointment with Redlands Truck and RV. They can give you some ideas that work rather than throwing parts and money at your issue.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum