Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Leaving Thor
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 10:55 PM   #1
Harry Joe

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
THOR #549
Leaving Thor

Within 10 days I’m buying a new Newmar—only a foot longer than the 2013 Ace I’m trading in.
I was still looking at Thors until I looked at a NEW Hurricane. Everything looked good; high tech thermostat, solid surface countertops in kitchen, layout & price, etc. Then I looked in the bathroom—laminated countertops! Someone had left the overhead vent open a little, water dripped on the counter and it had began delaminating. The bean counters had struck again! Of all the places, why would laminate be put in the, always moist, bathroom?
I had to dry out, glue & clamp my ACE’s bathroom laminate counter and now (before I trade it) repair the kitchen laminate also.
My ACE was not without quality & quality control problems but as an entry level coach, I put up with them.
Thor lost a sale because the corporate priorities showed through—put as many coaches out at the lowest manufacturing cost as can be done and let dealers take care of the shoddy workmanship and make excuses for the poor choice of materials.
Fool me once—shame on you, fool me twice—shame on me.
That having been said, I hope my Newmar meets my expectations.
Sorry for the rant,
Harry

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum