Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 11:25 PM   #3
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
2016 Thor Vegas Roof Sealant?

Use self leveling lap sealant especially for RV roofs as Oneilkeys says. There are several brands. Use this stuff on the roof only and remove the old sealant if it’s badly deteriorated or clean it very thoroughly with mineral spirits before applying new. For sidewall penetrations like windows and light fixtures use polyurethane caulk. It’s harder to find than silicone but works better. It’s quite sticky and not as easy to work as silicone so I sometimes cheat and use the latter on windows and lights. I do however only use the polyurethane for big side seams like front and rear caps or corner edging. Check everything at least 3 or 4 times a year. I need to see that the caulk entirely fills every gap. They really don’t tell you about the need to do this when you purchase but sealing is VERY tentative on these things!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum