Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 02:50 AM   #1
GTStang

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34F
State: Colorado
THOR #15158
2017 Hurricane 34F Bedroom Door Size Info

I have a 2017 Hurricane 34F that was purchased a little over a year ago. My wife has always complained about the bedroom doors not opening flush with the wall and sticking out about 5 inches from the wall, but we thought that was the way it was made. Because the doors do not fully open we have no chance accessing the bedroom when the slide is closed. I was visiting with another Hurricane 34F owner this weekend and his bedroom doors open flush and both doors are the same size. By the time I thought about asking him to take some measurements on his unit he had left.

My inner door that is closest to the short wall is 27 3/4” wide and the outer door that has the door handle in it is 23 3/4” wide. Does anybody have a 2017 Hurricane 34F that they could take some measurements of the doors? Not sure what other years would be the same. Anybody else have the same issue?

Our unit was a left over 2017 model that we purchased in 2018 from Camping World. We know that some items were cannibalized for other units on the lot so not sure if the doors were changed out or that’s the way they came from the factory. We were missing the trim that covers the door aluminum rail in the bedroom and the stops at the bottom was also missing so not sure of what happened. If mine are incorrect at least I could order the correct doors.

This forum has helped me out with reading about other owners issues and solutions.

Thanks in advance
Dave

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.