Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 04:02 PM   #45
taylorbob1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Yeah I was thinking about flexable panels as well.... but the majorty of panel problems (from my research) was with the flexable ones. They just dont hold up very well over time.

Most had problems within a year or two and from my research ....dont expect more than 5 years life out of them.

Whereas the rigid have a 25+ year life and less problems in the first 5 years. Also it Looks like the name brands have better reviews (but cost a little more).

But that link you show looks like an excellent value and good reviews.....

It sure would be nice to just tape down the panels and move on. I been struggling with this decision for months now.....I guess I just need to pull the trigger on something and not look back?

Well, Long & Winding (and others) has talked me into Solid vs Flex panels

Ready to pull the trigger on...
- 2 Renogy 100 watt solid monocrystalline panels
- 2 sets of Renogy Drill-Free mounts
- Sikaflex adhesive
- and a 30 amp controller
All for under $300 (plus wire & connectors)

I’ll probably just go with a PWM controller for now
If I upgrade to 6 volt AGM sealed batteries in the future, I’ll spring for an MPPT controller at that time.

Thanks for the Forum.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum