Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Oxidation
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 07:42 PM   #5
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
I agree with axis earl on the McGuire's oxidation remover, I have used it on my boats and RVs. I tried using their compound and then their wax and I was not satisfied with how it brought back the original color and finish. After trying a variety of other things, I bought a product that JimmyGeek mentioned in a different post called Rejex 61001. When I put on a coat of Rejex, waited for 10 minutes to dry and then removed the film with a very thin coat of McGuires wax, I was much happier with how it turned out. And it is easy to do with no buffing. You still have to get the oxidation off first.
My Axis stays out in the direct Florida sun all winter and I don’t have any easy way to change that. Oxidation is a given, but I hope that the Rejex and wax will help to slow that down. Also because the Rejex and wax is so easy to do, maybe I will apply it more often. We’ll see this summer.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.