Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 04:07 PM   #1
KaliMau

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arizona
THOR #15166
2014-2016 Outlaw 37 - dangerous?

My friend and I are seriously considering getting a used class A Outlaw toy hauler. We have show dogs and it's a perfect floorplan to allow for that as well as plenty of sleeping options.

Problem is when we mention this to sales people (La Mesa / CampingWorld) we seem to always get the "well, I wouldn't buy one" message. Most refuse to give facts, just alluding to them being problematic or downright dangerous.

One sales person even went so far to say the garages were "death traps" and that that it sways badly on the road and would "rip" the housing off the chassis.

I've tried to research this, but can't find anything factual. Maybe the sales people are just leaning me away from something they can't sell me (they seem to be unicorns in the RV world) or maybe there is something.

I don't want to spend nearly $100,000 on a potential death trap. LOL!

I get that all RVs have some minor issues and accept that - I'm just hoping this forum can help me understand the truth behind these rumors.

We're liking the 37MD model the best, if that helps.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum