Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 01:32 PM   #6
skbarbee

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Colorado
THOR #11629
I've been dealing with the wipers on my 2017 Vegas and don't have a clear answer yet. The wiper systems have been very problematic for Thor in the past and they apparently continue to be. There was even a major recall mandated by the NHTSA for some models through 2015, I believe. The recall was for the Wexco wiper motor. Last fall, I blew a fuse on a stormy drive through the mountains and had no wipers. Replacing the fuse solved that but I couldn't do it en route. Now, my problem is that the wipers won't turn off. The wiper switch has been feeling "gummy" to me so I think I'm going to replace it. It's made by Charleston - part #CFW-1006-12. I don't have a source for this yet but I think I can get it from <totalvaluerv.com>. Initially, Thor told me they thought it was the motor but that's a $460 part. Thor will cover this under warranty but it involves driving 150 miles to Denver and then back and I am not confident in Camping World's ability to fix it - plus I'll have to leave the RV there for a long time.
At any rate, there is not a separate pulse control module in this system. I believe it is a part of the Wexco motor and I'm going to call tech support to see if they can help. I'm still going with the switch first because I think it's a $20 part if I can find it. Other posts I've read have talked about rain entering the engine compartment through the joint at the top of the drop down "hood" and getting into the waterproof connector. These posters have wrapped the connector with tape and tied it up higher in the compartment to protect it from being exposed to water. Some have even installed weather stripping. I'd recommend taking the connector apart and spraying it with wire dryer first.

Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.