Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 07:52 PM   #12
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Pour a little vegetable or olive oil in the bowl before storage...just enough to cover the bottom. It doesn't evaporate near as fast as water, isn't petroleum based and will not damage anything. Go as clear as possible...not the deep yellow colored.
I've thought about doing this several times...but I'm reluctant. Oil goes rancid...and I keep imagining the sticky oil residue staining mess left ringing the bowl.... nothing a little soapy water wouldn't take care of I suppose, but still...not something I want to deal with when getting rady to take her out on the road.
Instead, I've been in the habit of pouring a shot of the blue tank chemical into the bowl with a few inches of water in it...basically making a higher viscosity blue bowl fill with pleasant aroma
Honestly I've never really verified if it slows the evaporation or not, but it seems like it might.... Once in a while if it's in storage an extra long time I'll add a bit more water to it, but it's not often...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum