Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 12:07 PM   #3
Hurricane34J

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #12625
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
Interesting problem. I don't have a Firefly system just to be clear. So AC power sources feeding the converter/coach batteries seem to cause your issue.

Does any other Firefly controlled fan or load being turned on have the same problem, when you are on shore/gen power?

I think the Firefly system uses a capacitive touch sensitive screen, so perhaps the AC sources are causing or inducing some electrical “noise” on the line that the Firefly controller sees as off signals when you are turning the fan on? This is almost behaving like a mechanical switch with contact bounce in digital circuits. You might try contacting Firefly tech support with your system model info and see if they have heard of this before. Could be simply a bad ground somewhere that is allowing electrical noise to interfere with this fan control. Failing that a flakey Firefly control pad maybe? Good one....2 points for a head scratcher.
Thanks for the reply and insight. I failed to mention that I did contact Firefly. First, they are truly awesome! I have had other issues and they have promptly fixed those either by sending replacement hardware or updating programming when there were errors. They have gone above and beyond and try to troubleshoot other problems that were not directly related to Firefly. They thought this is a dirty ground issue. They thought Thor would be able to troubleshoot with that information as Firefly had previously spoken to Thor about this similar type issue. However the customer service representative Jason when I spoke to him yesterday said it was working by design. I still don't believe that this is by design. I'm not sure where to start with a dirty ground as it relates to shore power or generator power. I have all the wiring diagrams from Firefly and Thor for my coach. I am not finding the issue.

One idea I had was to make Firefly intiate a relay to turn on the fan instead of directly. I may end up doing that.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.