Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 05:28 PM   #6
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
While I have seen the 102” trailer limit in many DOT sites, RV manufacturers obvious don’t pay any attention to this limit. My Axis is 94” wide without the mirrors, and the fixed mirrors are just Over 11” a piece. That adds up to 94” + 22 (or 23 to be safe) for a total width of 116”. I have 10’ or 120” width mounted next to the drivers seat along with the 11’6” height (although Thor says 11’ 3” just for a quick reference when I come up unexpectedly on low bridges or narrow ramps or construction. The ACE is listed as 99” width or 5” wider than the Axis and I think the mirrors are just as wide as the Axis which would put it at least 121” or over 10’. There is a little bit of “taper” to the front of the Axis, but I don’t think it is enough to make much of a difference. I’ve “squeezed” my Axis into 10’ openings at garages to change the oil, but you have to be real careful that the rear tracks straight. Best to back out, if you can.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.