Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 02:09 PM   #25
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Thor Answer

After multiple e-mails and, finally, two telephone calls from Thor Warranty, I got a yelling, screaming NO, on my 2014 being covered under this recall. The only thing Thor warranty cares is that the 2014 and 15 models are different than the 2016, so we are not covered. I tried to tell them that I understood their position, but my position is that if the failure of the ability to turn your defroster on is a safety issue in the 2016, then a failure to be able to turn the defroster on in 2014 or 15 models is just as serious a safety problem. They are not hearing it and they DO NOT CARE! The only safety recalls they are going to deal with are the ones mandated by the NHTSA. These guys will never learn. GM got hit with a $900 million fine today for ignoring and stonewalling their ignition switch issue.
I have written Mr. Jeff Kime, President of Thor, 701 County Road 15, Suite 100, Elkhart, Indiana 46516, a letter expressing my displeasure and told him that I would await his reply before I filed it with the NHSTA. For all those working on the much more serious transmission cable problem, from the e-mail Thor sent on that issue and their response of this one, you can expect little help from them. While I am not saying that the cable problem is their fault, I still think that they would have some interest in helping out the numerous Thor owners who have a dangerous problem in their RVs. Maybe not. Maybe I'll hear something positive from President Kime. Maybe....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum