Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 01:36 PM   #11
rcharrette

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw38RB
State: Colorado
THOR #14374
Hi Don, I originally posted this. It is true you can not run both burners at full power (10). I figured this out when I was trying to boil a pot of water on one side and cook some ground beef on the other burner. I was pretty upset initially but have since found it’s not that big of a deal. I can easily boil water on setting 7 and that leaves setting 3 on the other burner to cook which is more than adequate.
As far as boondocking, you are correct in its current configuration you must run the generator. I looked at the owners manual for the cook top and I think max amp is 1500 so I believe the inverter should handle it fine but I have not tried it yet.
We do a ton of boondocking as well. I use a 2 burner Colman stove for early morning coffee the we fire up the generator later to cook. If I’m in a quiet area I’ll just use the Colman..
I hope to eventually cut it over to the 12V side but right now I only have 230 AH of battery and I think it would run it down pretty quick.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.