Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 11:03 PM   #26
JAE Darbo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: AXIS 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #5911
Send a message via AIM to JAE Darbo
Good sense and the ARP device...

Disclaimer: I do not have stock in arprv.com. I am a 50-year experienced safety investigator and risk manager...

"If you're using good common sense (and leveling your rig): it just seems like a product [ARP Fridge Defender] that is looking for a need..."

Well, have you ever driven your rig up or down an incline in excess of 3degs? Or have you ever been unable to "level your rig" in a boon-dock site? Maybe you live in a idyllic world where you always know your deck-angle, even though a lot of folks don't have a readout, either while driving or parked.

The issue with the ammonia absorption vapor cycle refrigeration system is that if it does over heat, it can do damage to the plumbing that may result in a fire at a later date. Each time the boiler overheats, the damage accumulates and, eventually, you’ll have a dead refrigerator.

The Fridge Defend continuously monitors the boiler temperature and automatically shuts down the boiler if temperatures begin to climb out of normal range. Best of all, the Fridge Defend by ARP continues to monitor and re-starts the fridge once it cools down again, so that your food doesn't spoil. And all without any effort by you!

The ARP also has a feature that engages an external fan circuit as the temperature of the coil begins to rise, thus serving to shorten the start-up cooling cycle and keep the frig-efficiency at its best, with the least use of either battery power or gas. (if not on shore-power); see my attached picture.

"A product that is looking for a need..." would hardly have a customer rating of "Safety 98%", "Reliability 96%", "Efficiency 78%". This customer stated "I installed an ARP with fan control in my Class A MH. I just love how the Fan Control has improved the cooling in my Norcold." Click image for larger version

Name:	Outside air-in fan NORCOLD n611 20180925.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	17132

https://www.arprv.com/ratings-arp-home.php

"Good common sense (and leveling your rig)..." is definitely important, but for the peace of mind I have that my rig will not go up in flames caused by an overheated frig, plus increased efficiency of the automatic fan system, it is worth every dime of its about $200 cost.

Call me any time...

John Darbo
+1.817.714.2665
WA9DXE
johndarbo@aol.com

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum