Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 04:57 PM   #20
pstandiford

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Finally got the pictures off the camera. #1 points to the filter. It is on the backside of the wall of the kitchen cabinet. As you can see, I had to pull the kitchen drawers out to see it. Arrow 2 points to the heat ducts that are under the drawers. Immediately above that was a wood panel that I removed in an effort to see if I could get the wrench on the filter. It was stapled in place. Arrow 3 points to the staple holes. I am going to replace it with screws. Arrow 4 points to the dividing wall between this cabinet and the space under the kitchen sink. I could not get a wrench on the filter. The filter body extends below the heat ducts. I tried to pass the wrench under the heat ducts and bring it up onto the filter body. Not enough room under the heat ducts. Cannot bring it down on the right side of the heat ducts because the wrench in too long. The only way I can see to get the wrench on is to cut out the section (arrow 4) and then replace it with a matching piece of wood that is screwed into place. I thought about disconnecting the heat ducts so that I could get the wrench onto the filter body but they fit extremely tight on the plastic vent and I am concerned that I would end up damaging them beyond repair trying to get them off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Filter.jpg
Views:	712
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	806  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum