Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 02:13 AM   #33
MJC62

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrpt58 View Post
Another thing to be aware of is the GCVW also should take braking into account. If we stay within the GCVW, the coach brake system "should" stop the combined vehicles, even without the required auxiliary braking system on the toad.
I towed a 1500 lb. boat without an auxiliary braking system for years with my Gulfstream B Touring Cruiser. Went through at least two sets of brakes on the MH that I truly believe I wouldn't have if the boat trailer would have had brakes. I wouldn't even entertain the thought of towing any vehicle behind our Class A without auxiliary brakes even if it were legal which I don't believe it is in most states.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum