Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 10:44 PM   #12
Mo_Mike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by symchuk View Post
Do you have a picture of how you mounted your AIMS 1200? The cables behind my WFCO converter are all very tight that nothing wants to move, plus I have hoses from the furnace going through that space as well. The AIMS 1200 was longer than the 3000. The 3000 is more of a box.
Can't believe I didn't take a picture (I normally take pictures upon pictures)

On ours, I pulled out the WFCO converter. The wires feeding the back of the CONVERTER were cable tied to a wooden cross support. We cut the cable tie holding the cables, which gave us more flexibility (and room)

We built a wooden "H", screwed to the cross member referenced above and a another cross support toward the back of the compartment.( on the vertical legs of the "H")

The inverter sits on top of the "H", so there is plenty of air space on all sides.

On ours the USE/STORE relay is attached to the front of the same cross member referenced above. We attached a 4guage wire to the RELAY then to the INVERTER ( with a 150 amp breaker inline)

Wasn't the most "fun" place to work, but have been in tighter places.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum