Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 11:24 PM   #2
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyking View Post
So I've been having trouble with my batteries retaining a charge since we bought our Thor Gemini (2018) last summer. Learned that I should turn switch to "Store" only when parking it for "Storing." Makes sense!

Problem now is - batteries are overcharging, and boiling with strong sulphur smell. Battery water was low (very low in one cell) although I had checked it last fall. Suspect the overcharging is "boiling" the water off. Replaced the water, but still, batteries do not hold charge. Is there a voltage regulator that might be faulty, somewhere? Inverter? Suggestions?

Many thanks,

Bryan

If you left it plugged into shore power all winter that might be the reason. I find that when on shore power I need to add water every few weeks. If the water level went seriously low it’s entirely possible that the battery is damaged beyond recovery. I store my RV with the negative terminal disconnected (the store switch doesn’t disconnect everything) and I reconnect, switch to use and run the generator for an hour or so with a space heater or air conditioner running about once a month. Has the dual purpose of exercising the generator and charging all of the batteries. OE batteries going on 4 years now.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum