Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 12:41 PM   #9
markgable

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #15181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
If you have an old lock, the internal mechanism is not made out of steel and many have broken leaving no way to get into the MH. The replacement has a steel mechanism. You should not have to slam the lock. If it is installed and adjusted correctly it should close with a gentle push and click. If you have the old model, slamming it will almost assuredly eventually break it, leaving you either in or out of your MH.

This is what I was afraid of. So you are saying even though mine does not have the zinc bold that sticks out the side of the lock, it may still have some poorly constructed in internal parts? Everything I've read seems to point to the locks that have a zinc plunger/bolt sticking out the side, where mine has the claw style system.
Do you know if there is a replacement, possibly a keypad style, that will fit where my current lock does without modification? Thanks!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.