Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 01:19 PM   #178
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbarbee View Post
So, Richguess, speaking of a TPMS, how do you install those? Do they just screw onto the valve stems? Is there another system that you have installed by a tire shop inside the rims? Pros and cons to either system?

They just screw on the valve stems. I’ve not found any internal senders but would like to at my next tire change. You can get the screw on senders with air pass through (can add air without removing the sender) or without this feature. I chose the latter because I’ve heard they are less prone to leaking and removal is no more difficult than removing a regular cap. You’d think there would be a need to rebalance he wheels but I didn’t and have had no problems. If you are worried about it you could add a half ounce weight opposite the sender. I’m also a strong proponent of dually valves which avoid the frustrations of flexible extenders and put both valves on the outside wheel. Easy peasy.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum