Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 07:27 PM   #12
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlbalentine@gmail.com View Post
After a lot of research I went with "Wholesale Warranties", they had the best price and I got the $100 deductible. The st year I exceeded the the cost of of the warranty the 1st year. It was so worth it. And then my 3 years/36k miles on the truck expired so I got an extended warranty on it too with a discount because I already had my trailer on it.
When I purchase my new ACE later this year I will transfer both warranties over to the MH.
The only problem I see with extended warranties is the dealers that do the work, they don't like working with EW, they like over charging you for work but the EW only allow a reasonable hours of labor. The EW says it only takes 3 ours to replace the part and the dealer wants to charge 5 hours of labor. Most of the time the EX warranty might go an extra hour of labor and maybe the dealer may except 4 hours instead of 3. But sometimes the dealer will want the customer pay our of his pocket the extra hours. In that case I would suggest going somewhere else for service.

I once had a dealer simply refuse to deal with the warranty company. Said he’d had too much trouble trying to get he required preapproval with their repeated requests for more information and too much time on hold when calling. I find that pretty easy to believe. This dealer said if I wanted him to fix it I could then request reimbursement for the repair. As it happens it doesn’t work that way. If not preapproved there is no payment or appeal. That is why I selected a Good Sam plan - I figured CW couldn’t back out of their own plan. But then I canceled it anyway and didn’t buy one at all for my latest rig (used). It’s a gamble either way.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum