Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 09:32 PM   #271
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket List Inn View Post
We also tow a TrailHawk. I rely like the car. We use a Blue Ox baseplate tow bar and brake. The car supplies power to the brake system in case of a break away. While we’re on the road I shut it off at night and run the car engine for 15-20 minutes once a day to make sure the battery doesn’t go dead. Somewhere around 3000 miles so far. So far so good! This is our first MH so towing a toad is very new to us.

I alway here things like “hooked up and ready to go in 5 minutes”. I don’t get the need for speed when it comes to the safety of people sharing the road. When I get done I always double check and if I feel like I got done to fast I recheck everything a 3rd time.

I like your attitude towards caution and safety. It makes me nervous how some folks can be so cavalier about it. I’m getting set up to tow my Ford Focus down to Florida in the fall and the unfamiliarity is sort of a “thing”. Enjoy your travels.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum