Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 04:53 AM   #9
DbleDutch

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arizona
THOR #13228
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo12 View Post
Interesting. I have had the best luck with keeping the coach level by deploying the stabilizers after the slide is out. Otherwise the coach pivots on the left stab when the slide goes out and the right stab comes off of the ground an inch. Throws the level off.

My routine : “level” coach 1 block (or 1”) high on the left - I use the CaravanLevel app on my iPad. Run the slide out and this gets the bedroom and fridge at level. I then deploy the stabs - left first then right. I also use 8 inch high pads under each stab like DbleDutch. No problem with stab coming back up because there isn’t any appreciable weight on them.
Thanks Jimbo12, I will have to try that routine. Yes we level up with the slide side high, then run the slide out like you. Yes, with the stab out often the opposite stab lifts, but we just run it out to complete the stabilizing.
Love this forum and the peeps here.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum