Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 02:05 PM   #23
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Sorry I did not proof read my post, so my calculations are amiss. The golf cart (EZ-GO TXT) has all the batteries in series and the nominal voltage is 6.3 volts per battery 50.4 volts fully charged. The figures for the motor are 2.2 kw or so the current is 54.0 amps @ 42 volts or 2,268 watts. All this is measured by my HF clamp on ammeter and the golfcart's voltmeter so the readings are shall we say, suspect. My point (poorly made) was pulling more than 50 amps out of a 6 volt battery will result in a serious voltage drop; probably enough to have the inverter shutdown. These are only for the GC-2 battery size. Larger batteries obviously can supply more current successfully.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum