Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 01:13 PM   #278
Maxjr758

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37BT
State: North Carolina
THOR #11321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
I am planning to tow the Ford Focus that I already own when we go to Florida next winter as a snowbird. We will be parked for 6 weeks and plan to use our site as a home base for one and two day trips to nearby cites and states. Can’t do that by ride sharing and renting a car for 6 weeks would cost an arm and a leg. For most of our travels we don’t plan to tow though. Maybe just take the mopeds. I don’t think folks would tow if they didn’t find it beneficial.
I found my Acme Ez-Tow tow dolly Pre Owned for $800. Put on new G rated 10 ply tires from etrailer.com for about $100 and new straps.
I believe it has the highest capacity rating, and the best Warranty. Check them out on YouTube they have very good videos on operation.
With the dolly you dont have to add equipment to your vehicle, and no need for auxiliary braking equipment, if you get a dolly with surge brakes.
Just pointing out a option that works for us.
Like someone said, dont worry about how long it takes, just do it safely !Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180526-091951.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	17246Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180812_143823.jpeg
Views:	101
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	17247

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum