Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Maiden Voyage
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 01:11 AM   #7
MRichaud

Brand: Jayco
Model: Precept 31UL
State: Tennessee
THOR #14508
Follow-up now that we're back home:

The ACE did very well. As I mentioned, there were a few issues with buffeting by crosswinds and passing trucks, but they weren't all that bad. I will be doing the CHF soon and see how that does. Next step will be a steering stabilizer, and unless I miss my guess, those two mods should take care of most of the issues.

Gas mileage was a fair 8.6 pulling the Xterra between 55 and 65 mph. All in all, I'm pretty satisfied.

And more importantly, Jimmy Buffett was fantastic at Jazz Fest! Played nearly two hours, and it was obvious he was having as much fun as the audience. We OD'd on boiled crawfish and shrimp po-boys while in N.O., but wonder of wonders - I only gained about a half-pound. Probably sweated it all off at Jazz Fest!

But back to task, this trip did wonders for my self-confidence driving the ACE and pulling the Xterra. I won't go so far to say that I didn't know it was back there, but once underway it was quite easy. The rear-view camera is a plus, just to keep an eye on things.

Looking forward to the next venture!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.