Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 11:41 AM   #5
Debspinkpanther

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #15285
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
I would think that your boyfriend should be able to answer those questions!

What you can do is pick up a power meter (Walmart) and then plug in various appliances to see how much current they take (the PS4, the TV, the hair dryer).

Once you have that data you can figure out what you can use and what you can't (simply add the #'s together--if they go over about 18amps then you can't use that combination).

I hardwired something similar in our coach so we always know about how much current/power we're drawing (this guy (Amazon)). Turns out most of the high-current devices I have draw about 10-15 amps (and thus we can only use about two of them at the same time on our 30 amp circuit).
We need answers for quick fix products what others have found with low voltage till we can install the external electrical panel and route it into the RV with the original. We are having a hard time finding lower volt products in the mean time. He works 50+ hours to so he's gonna do this during his vacation time when we have the money to purchase it all.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.