Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 04:20 PM   #36
JAE Darbo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: AXIS 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #5911
Send a message via AIM to JAE Darbo
Overheating friges....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
As a guy who has spent his entire Adult life selling insurance: I can see your reasoning...

But I also think that if this were a big enough issue: the manufacturers would have been looking for ways to reduce the chances of a loss occurring.
=======================

Both major mfgr put out recalls on the problem. They only shut the system down if the angle goes over a limit; they do not monitor actual system temp in the heater tube, and this is the critical issue. Also, they do not restart after a shut down, thus the frig goes off and stays off, unless you actual see that it needs a reset.

In addition, the mfgr's recall devices do nothing for efficiency, e.g. the cooling fan option's in the ARP system.

Yup; I have mine in place and on duty anytime the frig is engergized, $200 well spent.

John Darbo
WA9DXE
+1.817.714.2665
johndarbo@aol.com

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum