Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 08:28 PM   #6
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
I've been thinking about this problem again, which could still wind up being a flakey gen control board, but what if there was a bad remote gen switch or damaged/shorted wire in the remote connect cable between the generator mounted start switch and the remote switch in your dash? You said the gen starts and stops normally though so likely not the remote switch. That leaves wiring harness as a possible problem. I wonder what happens if you disconnect the remote start/stop connect cable at the generator to see if the lamp/LEDs turn off (certainly the remote lamp should turn off but does the gen located lamp turn off ? If not then it has to be the control board. It would be interesting to see if you can see any obvious issues with the control board (that can be repaired instead of buying a new board). Also I have read (not certain) that Onan may not work on your gen if it has a 3rd part control board in it. I don't know if that's true, but it may be something more to consider. Let us know how things turn out.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum