Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 07:35 PM   #4267
Mike from Alabama

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane
State: Alabama
THOR #14362
Smell coming from under Kitchen Sink area

31Z owners and maybe others if your kitchen sink area is above the Sewer bay compartment. There is a 5 X 10 inch hole in the floor behind the panel covering the hot water tank and other connections. I stuffed a large sponge in the hole and then used low expanding foam to fill in the rest. If I have a problem later, this stuff is easy to tear out.
In the photo you can see the foam and the basic shape of the hole. The cutoff valves were added when I had to replace the kitchen faucet because of a leak. Now I can cut the water off to just the sink faucet. The orange cable is an extension cord going to the sewer bay where the water pump and several water lines converge. I keep our MH in our RV barn, but when the weather goes below freezing I connect a 250 watt heater. I do drain everything, including the HW tank, but a little electricity is cheaper than freeze repairs. The magnet against the back wall is one of four used to hold the panel that covers the HW tank and various gas and water line connections. Faster and easier than removing all those screws when the panel needs removing for access.
Sorry, the pics are on their side. Could not find a setting to turn them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UnderSinkRepairs.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	17310   Click image for larger version

Name:	RVBarn.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	17311  

Mike from Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum