Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 01:13 PM   #8
JimOIB

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
Ok, 14 hours of steady light rain, not a downpour like the other day. I checked for leaks before turning in and didn’t have any. Woke up around 3PM and the window was leaking. No visible drips along the t trim. Used a paper towel corner this morning and no water where the t trim meets the wall above the bunk window. Gets me full circle to the window being the problem...at least the exit for the water, still not sure where it is coming in. The leak is at the very top of the window so it could be the window or coming in thru the wall or ceiling somehow.

Took the garnish off of the fan and no signs of water leaking or discoloration. The running lights on the cab were sealed in Nov when I had water issues. I laid a blanket across the cab under the t trim in hopes to catch a line of drips as a breadcrumb trail back to the source but no drips.

Left side cab over storage area has gotten wet and expanded the particle board. I can see where the water has leaked from the window, hit the storage area, ran along the left front base and what looks like exited the coach at the seam under the cab - it is stained the storage bin color. I pulled the cup holders in the cab over and found mold against the outside wall.

I need time to digest all of this and figure my next steps...but I’m sure I’ll be pulling the interior cab over apart. Guess it is time to get the hose out and try to find the leak. Sad, only 24 months old.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum