Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 05:53 PM   #5
Popfla

Brand: Still Looking
Model: S.O.B.
State: Florida
THOR #14543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron1Z View Post
I added a second A/C unit and had to add a seperate 15 amp circut for the second A/C unit. (only had 30AMP service)
I used 10/3 romex wire to the A/C unit. You can do the same for a seperate kitchen circut. I also added a fuse for that service.
I can understand adding another breaker and wiring like that (although personally I'd use stranded 12 gauge wire).

But for just adding one outlet, I certainly wouldn't be drilling through the side of the RV, installing a second breaker box (which would be required if adding a second shore power source) and I definitely wouldn't be running extension cord wire underneath the RV to feed that single outlet. Sounds like a surefire way to lose insurance and warranty coverages, and could create liability issues if anything went wrong.
Popfla is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.